There is currently one vacant position at the Garden Tomb. Any new job opportunities will be posted on this page.
All applicants to any position at the Garden Tomb must agree fully with the purposes and ethos of the ministry, must be fully qualified for the advertised position, must be fully conversant in English, and must be legal residents in Israel or have a legal work permit.
CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER
The Garden Tomb requires a newly created senior management position reporting directly to the Director and supported by the Business Manager, with access to the UK Treasurer.
The CFO must be a strong finance leader who can act as a true partner to the Director, the Board of Trustees and the Garden Tomb organization.
- Production of monthly accounts, variances to budget and accurate forecasting
- Preparation of monthly and annual income and expenditure reports for the UK Treasurer and Trustees, and for the internal and external auditor of the Amuta
- Supervision of the auditors during the annual audit and preparation of the annual report and accounts
- Preparation of annual operating budgets
- Payroll, including payment of income tax, National Insurance, pension contributions, health cover and severance pay
- Corporation and other tax in Israel and UK
- Cash management using the SAP Business One system to record payments and withdrawals, and cash reconciliation
- Supplier invoices and payments
- Expense claim management in line with agreed protocols
- Document archiving by filing and scanning
- Foreign exchange transactions
- Interfacing with the banks and other financial institutions
- Processing daily income and expenditure for the shop and visitor donations
- Processing credit card transactions in Israel and on-line bank payment of UK bills
- Analysis of key performance indicators and trends
- Related activities such as legal, structural, governance, compliance, IT, etc.
- University degree and relevant professional qualifications
- Demonstrable experience as a CFO, preferably in a small organization, or a not-for-profit or charitable organization
- Be a well respected senior financial professional
- Proven ability to work as a partner to the Director
- Likely to have come from the not-for-profit or charitable sector and fit in well to a no-frills culture
- Experience of managing in a high-growth environment
- Fluent English/Hebrew – conversational and technical – spoken, written and reading
- Detail-orientated, can–do, hands-on, lead-by-example approach to day-to-day responsibilities
- Pro-active, action-orientated and driven
- High integrity, honest, fair and open
- Team player able to lead, motivate and develop a small department, but also contribute effectively to the future development of the organization, internally and externally
- Credible in terms of scale, business experience and reputation in the eyes of the director, Trustees, management team and other stakeholders
- Able to challenge assumptions while being a strong team player
- Natural gravitas and presentable, able to influence both internally and externally
- Natural communicator when presenting to internal and external audiences
Please apply with CV and references to Paul@gardentomb.com
Closing date for application is Friday 20th July 2018.